To drive a car or ride a motorcycle in the Northern Territory you need a valid driver licence. Traffic drives on the left hand side of the road in Australia.

If you will be here for less than three months, an international driver’s licence or a valid overseas driver licence (with a translation if the document is not in English) is acceptable. If you plan to stay longer than three months, you will need a Northern Territory driver licence.

Find out more about getting a licence on the Northern Territory Motor Vehicle Registry website.