Home / Live / Accommodation and transport / Accommodation for young people

International students under 18 years of age must have suitable accommodation and welfare arrangements while they are studying in Australia.

Accommodation options for 15 to 17 year olds

Students and their families can choose to live:

  • with parents or close relatives approved by the Department of Home Affairs
  • in a parent-nominated homestay with distant relatives or close family friends, confirmed and approved by your education provider
  • in a homestay accommodation arranged by your education provider - if you are attending a Northern Territory Government school, contact the homestay coordinator by phone +61 8 8901 4902 or email internationalservices@nt.gov.au
  • in boarding facilities available at St John's Catholic College.

Accommodation if you are younger than 15

International students under the age of 15 must live with a parent while at school in the Northern Territory.